Energy Efficient Windows for your Binghamton Home using Optional Heat Mirror
- Heat Mirror® products enable you to control and balance the amount of solar heat gain giving you comfort control in every room. Heat Mirror® was the world’s first commercially produced low-e glass. Since 1980, Heat Mirror insulating glass has been used around the world ranging from single family homes to high profile projects.
- Heat Mirror® manufactures a specially coated film that is suspended in the middle of an insulating glass unit to create 2 insulating cavities, creating a higher R-value.
- Heat Mirror® film technology uses nanoscale coatings of metal which actually reflects heat back to its source, like a mirror to heat.
- Coated Heat Mirror® films are often used in conjunction with low-e glass, taking advantage of the benefits of both film-based coatings and glass based technologies. Harmless inert gases, such as argon or krypton, are added to create Heat Mirror insulating glass units.
- Heat Mirror’s® UV protection helps protect furnishings from fading, while Heat Mirror’s noise reduction maintains a quiet room.
- Heat Mirror® Insulating Glass can achieve a R-value of 6.3 with an Argon gas filling, single-film/dual-cavity